School Improvement Manager
Hours: 22.2 hours per week (0.6 FTE)
Location: Stoke Mandeville, Buckinghamshire with some flexibility to work from home. Travel to school sites across Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes is required.
Salary: Full time equivalent of £51,845 - £57,303 per annum, dependent on experience (£31,107 - £34,382 pro-rata)
Start Date: 1st January 2022
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our growing Multi Academy Trust in a key leadership position. Trustees are seeking to appoint a pro-active School Improvement Manager with responsibility for effectiveness of ODBST schools academically, socially, culturally and spiritually.
The successful candidate will maintain an effective school improvement system and provide challenge to schools to improve the quality of education and other key judgements. The role will be multi-faceted involving formulating ODBST policies, designing and delivering a comprehensive school improvement package and working closely with senior leaders in our schools. The School Improvement Manager will lead on all safeguarding matters for the Trust, promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people in our schools.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading the Trust’s school improvement service, including management of the annual school improvement cycle
- Providing high quality, effective support to ODBST schools
- Challenging schools to increase progress and raise standards
- Maintaining a culture of safeguarding across the Trust
- Continuous Professional Development of staff and governors
You will be degree educated with Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent, with:
- Detailed knowledge of effective school improvement practices
- Experience of leading schools in challenging circumstances
- The ability to develop and motivate senior leaders to achieve success
- Extensive knowledge of curriculum development, implementation, evaluation and effective assessment techniques
The role is offered on a part time basis working 22.2 hours per week initially, with the view for this role to become full time. The role may include some evenings. There is the opportunity for the successful candidate to select their own working pattern, subject to agreement by the Trust. Based at Stoke Mandeville, with flexibility to work from home, you will need to be able to travel across Buckinghamshire including Milton Keynes.
Interested? To find out more, please click on the attached documents. Applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 09:00 on 6th September 2021. Interviews will take place on 17th September 2021.
ODBST is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check.