Making the most of moderation: English reading
This event will take place between 9:00am and 11:30am on 26/09/2019.
Following on from last year’s session focused on the moderation of writing, we are pleased to offer all ODBST schools the opportunity to train one member of staff to lead on English reading moderation within their school.
The aim of this session is for a lead teacher in each school to explore the organisation and running of effective moderation sessions in order that they feel equipped to lead such events in their own school, as well as across partner schools. The session will focus on the moderation of teacher assessments in reading across KS1 and KS2.
• Understand the purpose and benefits of in- and cross-school moderation
• Explore the organisation of in- and cross-school moderation events
• Consider the evidence base for effective moderation of teacher assessment in reading
• Develop their own practice in the moderation of teacher assessments in reading
• Reflect on ways forward for their own school
To support activities and discussions, teachers will need to bring with them:
• evidence of reading (reading records, written responses to reading, English books etc.) for two pupils in their class – a pupil working at the age-related standard for their year group and a pupil exceeding the age-related standard for that year.
(Although it is early in the school year and evidence may be scarce at this point, do bring what you can and, if you still have books and records from last academic year, these may also be helpful to inform discussions)
For clarification, please note that this is not STA training for the statutory moderation of end of key stage teacher assessments. This course aims to equip teachers in schools to lead on and support colleagues in the effective moderation of teacher assessments in writing across all year groups in KS1 and KS2.
Trainer: Susie Spolander, English Consultant, Primary Support Team.
Cost: Free of charge
When: Thursday 26th September 2019, 9.00am-11:30am
Where: Longwick CE School
Who is it for? Teachers from ODBST schools. Please note places are limited to 1 teacher per school.
How to book: