English Moderator Training
This event will take place between 9:00am and 12:00pm on 06/03/2019.
Moderator training: English writing
We are pleased to offer all ODBST schools the opportunity to train one member of staff to lead on English writing moderation within their school.
The aim of this session is for a lead teacher in each school to explore the organisation and running of effective moderation sessions in order that they feel equipped to lead such events in their own school, as well as across partner schools. The session will focus on the moderation of teacher assessments in writing across KS1 and KS2.
• Understand the purpose and benefits of in- and cross-school moderation
• Explore the organisation of in- and cross-school moderation events
• Consider the evidence base for effective moderation of teacher assessment in writing
• Develop their own practice in the moderation of teacher assessments in writing
• Reflect on ways forward for their own school
To support activities and discussions, teachers will need to bring with them:
• evidence of writing (English books, cross-curricular writing, extended writing etc.) for two pupils in each year group across KS1 and KS2 – a pupil working at the age-related standard for their year group and a pupil exceeding the age-related standard for that year.
For clarification, please note that this is not STA training for the statutory moderation of end of key stage teacher assessments. This course aims to equip teachers in schools to lead on and support colleagues in the effective moderation of teacher assessments in writing across all year groups in KS1 and KS2.
Trainer: Susie Spolander, English Consultant, Primary Support Team.
When: Wednesday 6th March 2019, 9.00am-12pm
Where: St Marys School, Aylesbury
Who is it for? Teachers from ODBST schools. Please note places are limited to 2 teacher per school.