Teaching Assistant - Elmtree Infant & Nursery School
Would you like to be part of an inspiring team who genuinely make a difference every day? Are you passionate about working with children? Are you able to put children’s learning and well-being at the forefront of everything you do?
Elmtree Infant and Nursery School are looking for a Teaching Assistant with Early Years experience on a permanent contract.
Hours: 27.5 per week, term time only
Salary: Bucks Pay 2
Start date: as soon as possible
Closing date: 19/04/2021 12:00
Interviews to be held: 22/04/2021
At Elmtree our pupils are at the heart of everything we do or think. We aim to help children develop a lively, enquiring mind and to encourage them to question and evaluate all things. We hope to foster stability and self control, which will help the children to cope with problems of all kinds. Our purpose is to increase their ability to concentrate and apply themselves to tasks. We endeavour to help the gradual unfolding of talents and personality in all children and to encourage independence and responsibility.
About the role
- To work under the direction and guidance of the Class Teacher, the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and SENDCo to undertake support programmes, enabling access to learning for specific pupils/groups of pupils to maximise attainment and progress.
- To assist the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom.
We are looking for a teaching Assistant who:
• Has an NVQ2 Teaching Assistant Qualification or higher (Essential)
• Has experience of Early Years (Essential)
• Ability to lead learning independently
• Is enthusiastic, energetic, hardworking and resilient
• Is well-organised
• Is a good team player
• Has a fun, positive approach to life
• Is keen to learn and develop
A visit to the school is strongly recommended. However during the current situation this is not possible. Please do contact the school office on 01494 771474 or via email at email@example.com for the opportunity to discuss the position with the Headteacher.
Elmtree infant and Nursery School is part of the Oxford Diocesan Bucks School Trust.
Elmtree Infant and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All post holders in regulated activity are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check.