Chief Finance Officer
Hours: 30 hours (0.8 FTE)
Location: Stoke Mandeville, Buckinghamshire
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 pro-rata, dependant on experience
The Oxford Diocesan Bucks Schools Trust is a dynamic and rapidly growing Multi Academy Trust of schools across Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes; about to take on our ninth academy with an exciting programme of growth. We were formed as part of the commitment by the Diocese of Oxford to excellent education for schools and are attractive to both church and non-church schools.
We are seeking a proactive Chief Finance Officer to provide inspirational financial leadership to the Trust, ensuring that all requirements of the Department for Education (DfE) and Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) are met. This is an exciting time to join as we go through a period of rapid growth with the opportunity for the successful candidate to be involved in the recruitment of a second Finance Officer and to shape the team of responsive and skilled officers.
You will be responsible for:
- The professional management and leadership of financial services for ODBST
- Ensuring ODBST is compliant with all audit requirements
- Business development
- Leading the Finance function and effectively contributing to the Senior Leadership team
You will need to be able to:
- Demonstrate a positive outlook with the energy, drive, enthusiasm and determination to succeed
- Show strong organisation skills with the ability to prioritise, work under pressure and meet challenging deadlines
- Line manage, motivate, develop and challenge the finance team
You must be experienced in operating financial systems, hold a finance degree or recognised CCAB accounting qualification or equivalent.
This is a permanent position, working full year with 24 days annual leave plus public holidays pro-rata. Based in Stoke Mandeville, you will need to be able to travel across Buckinghamshire including Milton Keynes and, on occasions, to the diocesan headquarters in Kidlington.
Interested? To find out more, please download an application pack from our website: https://www.odbst.org.uk/page/?title=As+a+staff+member&pid=32
Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com