KS2 Teacher/Phase Leader - St Mary's School
The Governors of St Mary’s CE School, Aylesbury would like to appoint a highly motivated, creative and enthusiastic teacher to join our friendly and supportive team from September 2022. The ideal candidate will be an experienced leader and successful teacher who is enthusiastic and inspiring with a commitment to learning.
We are looking for an upper KS2 Teacher to be responsible for leading English across the school as well as leading and managing the teachers within years 5 and 6.
St Mary’s CE School is a successful and popular two-form entry school in the heart of its local community of Fairford Leys on the outskirts of Aylesbury. We are a friendly and welcoming school with high aspirations for every child where we encourage all to 'shine as lights in the world'. We prepare young people for a happy confident entry to the world; this means building their confidence and belief in themselves, helping them to make good friends and to develop a wide range of interests and skills, as well as inspiring them to achieve academic excellence.
We are part of the ODBST MAT which is a growing academy trust that puts its faith into and recognises the uniqueness of all its individual schools. We have an enthusiastic team of staff and children who are well-behaved and keen to learn. We were judged Good in July 2019 by Ofsted.
Salary MPS / UPS + TLR
NOR 420 + Nursery
Required for September 2022
Closing date: 24th June at midday
We are seeking a teacher who is:
- competent in all elements of the relevant Teachers’ Standards; an outstanding practitioner (if you are a newly or recently qualified teacher, we need to know you have this potential)
- able to reflect on your practice and have excellent subject knowledge
- able to create a stimulating learning environment and culture;
- a team player with high expectations for pupil achievement and behaviour, committed to maintaining high standards.
- able to form good relationships with all stakeholders and members of the school community
- committed to upholding the values of a Church of England School and supportive of the School’s Christian ethos
In addition to fulfilling the professional responsibilities of a teacher, as set out in the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document and meeting the expectations set out in the Teachers’ Standards, the phase leader, under the direction of the headteacher, will take lead responsibility of Years 5 and 6 to:
- Lead by example and be an outstanding role model both as Teacher and Phase Leader
- Be the lead professional for teaching & learning across the phase, supporting with teaching as and when necessary by CPD, team teaching, coaching or mentoring
- Be committed to raising the quality of teaching, learning and assessment across the phase by working alongside them within the classroom
- Monitor and evaluate the quality of education in the phase and plan to improve priorities
St Mary’s CE School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to a disclosure of criminal records at an enhanced level. Any offer of employment, or agreement to volunteer, is subject to receipt of satisfactory references and DBS checks.
How to apply
If you would like an application pack please contact the school office on 01296 482094 or visit us on our website: http://www.st-marysaylesbury.bucks.sch.uk/web
Completed applications should be emailed to: email@example.com.