Caretaker - Great Horwood C of E School
Post Title: Caretaker
Responsible to: Headteacher
Location: Great Horwood Church of England School
Salary: Bucks Pay Range 1B scale 6 £10.79 per hour
Position: Permanent Hours of Work: 7.00am – 9.00am Monday to Friday, Term time with two additional weeks/20 hours in the summer holiday (40 weeks in total).
Hours can be flexible through negotiation.
Closing Date: 27th June 2022 but applications will be considered on receipt.
Start Date: Immediate start following recruitment checks
Great Horwood School is a warm welcoming learning community where children and staff "learn and grow together" with a commitment to high achievement and raising the standards of all. We expect our children to demonstrate our school values and a caring attitude to each other and their environment and in return we value the special contribution of every child. The close co-operation and commitment that exists between all members of the school community is a strength of the school. We have hard working and dedicated staff with a supportive Governing Body and PTA.
About the role
We expect the successful candidate to:
● Ensure the school site is safe for staff, children and visitors
● Ensure site security is maintained
● Help maintain the general fabric and décor of the school
● Communicate well with staff and pupils at the school
● Work closely with staff as part of a team and contribute to school life.
● Be fully supportive of the strong Christian ethos of the school and it’s values
● Show initiative, be dependable and be able to work unsupervised In return you will receive:
● The support of committed, enthusiastic and dedicated colleagues and Governors
● Relevant and up to date training and professional development as required
● Supportive parents and members of the community
● A real sense of pride in the school of a job well done.
You will have effective time management skills, being able to prioritise work whilst ensuring the job is completed to a high standard. You will enjoy the challenge of working in a small village school with a real family feel to it. You will be committed and dedicated to give your very best for the school and the pupils whilst maintaining a sense of humour.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils. The post is subject to enhanced DBS clearance, medical and reference checks. For further information and a visit to the school please contact the school admin officer Mrs Deborah Frankum on 01296 712622 or email@example.com to arrange an appointment.
Available documents on the Website: Application form Information pack including the job description and personal specification