Great Horwood School, Class Teacher
Location: Great Horwood, MK17 0RG
Contract Type: Fixed Term to Aug 31st 2020
Start date: 1st September 2019 (earlier start date can be considered)
Part time 3 days per week
Salary Range (based on full time hours) Main Pay Scale, £23,720-£35,008 FTE
Closing Date: Friday 29th March 2019
Great Horwood School is a warm welcoming learning community where children and staff "learn and grow together" with a commitment to high achievement and raising the standards of all.
Our shared vision is to give all children opportunities to reach their full potential and prepare them for their future, within our core Christian values of love, perseverance and respect.
- We expect our children to demonstrate our school’s values and a caring attitude to each other and their environment, and in return we value the special contribution of every child.
- The close co-operation and commitment that exists between all members of the school community and local church is a real strength of the school.
- We value highly the partnership between home and school and encourage all parents to take an active part in their child's education.
- We have hard working and dedicated staff with a supportive Governing Body and PTA.
About the role
We are looking for someone who is an outstanding teacher with experience or who has the potential to become outstanding and who is fully supportive of the strong Christian ethos of the School. The position is initially for 3 days teaching across the primary age range. There is the potential for this position to become permanent in the future. The successful applicant is expected to take a full role in the wider commitment to the school and will be required to lead at least 1 foundation subject (except NQT year applicants)
- You will be able to promote the strong Christian ethos of the school and support our core Christian values of Love, Perseverance and Respect.
- You will have effective classroom and management skills to motivate others.
- You will be an inspirational teacher with high expectations committed to delivering quality learning and teaching, making a significant contribution to raising the achievement of all our pupils and enabling our children to reach their full potential.
- You will have the vision to lead and coordinate curriculum subjects now or in the future ensuring a rich and varied curriculum for all pupils.
The position is a fixed term contract until August 31st 2020 due to a staffing restructure but has the potential to be extended. An earlier start date from Easter 2019 can also be considered.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils. The post is subject to enhanced DBS clearance and reference checks.
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged and welcome. For further information please contact the school admin officer Mrs Deborah Allison on 01296 712622 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment. An application form and an information pack can also be found on the school website.
Closing date: Friday 29th March 2019
Interview date: Week beginning 1st April 2019
Available documents on the school website
application form & information pack