Teaching Assistant 1:1 SEN Support - Chesham Bois School
We are looking for a caring, enthusiastic and committed Teaching Assistant who is positive and proactive, to join our happy school. The position is initially for a fixed term contract to support a named individual pupil on a one to one basis under the direction of the class teacher. The ideal candidate would have experience of working within a school.
Chesham Bois CE is a one form entry combined Church of England School set in the heart of Chesham Bois village serving a wider community that reaches out into Amersham and Chesham. We are a unique school, with fantastic children, supportive parents and a dedicated team of staff and governors. We are a friendly team with teachers, teaching assistants and support staff all working together for the benefit of the children.
Salary: Bucks Pay range 1, point 5, £17,190 FTE, £9,900 pro-rata
Contrct Type: Fixed Term to August 22 (in the first instance)
Hours: Part Time - 25 hours per week, 9.00am - 3.00pm (1 hour unpaid lunch)
Closing Date: 3rd December 2021
Interview Date: 9th December 2021
We are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to support a pupil in Key Stage 2 who has an Educational Health Care Plan. The pupil needs specific support with communication and language and development of key mathematical skills. You would work closely with the class teacher and SENDCo to support the child to maintain their individual targets and to make progress.
The successful applicant will:
- ideally have previous experience of working with children
- be prepared to take the time to get to know the child and really understand their strengths and areas for development
- have enthusiasm for supporting a child with special educational needs
- have good communication skills and secure numeracy and literacy skills
- be able to follow the directions of the class teacher but also be able to use your own initiative to adapt resources to suit an individual child's needs
- liaise with teachers, support staff and other professionals
- have a sense of humour and enjoy working collaboratively as part of a team
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed prior to application and can be arranged by contacting the school office on: 01494 726901 or email@example.com
Please send completed application forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.