Learning Support Assistant - Elmtree Infant & Nursery School
Would you like to be part of an inspiring team who genuinely make a difference every day? Are you passionate about working with children? Are you able to put children’s learning and well-being at the forefront of everything you do?
Elmtree Infant and Nursery School are looking for an experienced Learning Support Assistant on a 1-year Fixed Term Contract starting in September 2021.
The hours are 9am-3pm Monday to Friday, with a half hour unpaid break (27.5 hours). The salary is Bucks Pay 1B and actual salary would be £10957 per annum.
Closing date: Friday 16th July 2021 12:00
Interviews to be held: Tuesday 20th July 2021
At Elmtree our pupils are at the heart of everything we do or think. We aim to help children develop a lively, inquiring mind and to encourage them to question and evaluate all things. We hope to foster stability and self-control, which will help the children to cope with problems of all kinds. Our purpose is to increase their ability to concentrate and apply themselves to tasks. We endeavour to help the gradual unfolding of talents and personality in all children and to encourage independence and responsibility.
Please visit our website for more information: www.elmtreeschoolandnursery.co.uk
About the role
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant who has the experience and capability to support the learning of pupils within the classroom including working with children with special educational needs. The role will also include working with Teachers and external professionals to plan and deliver programmes designed to support individual needs.
Please see Job Description for more information.
The new LSA will be:
• An excellent role model to inspire and motivate
• Able to articulate and demonstrate a passion for inclusion
• Committed and enthusiastic
• Experienced in supporting individual needs
• Passionate about equality and equity
• Reflective in their own practice
In return, we can offer you:
• The opportunity to work as part of a team that is committed to ensuring the best possible start for all children
• Enthusiastic, well-behaved children with a love of learning, and their school community
• A committed staff and governing body
• Opportunities for professional development to ensure your success
• A parent community that is very supportive of the school and its aims
Please see Person Specification for more information
Visits to the school are warmly welcome. To arrange a visit or to find out more about the role, please contact our school office on the number below. Please send completed application forms to the email address below.
Tel No: 01494 771474
Elmtree Infant and Nursery is part of Oxford Diocesan Bucks School Trust.
Elmtree Infant and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All post holders in regulated activity are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check.